Friday, April 28, 2006

News from Paducah!

I've been meaning to post all week that if you were going to the AQS show in Paducah, please say "Hi" to my quilt "Grotto", and stop by the Yeiser Art Center to see another one of my quilts, "Marsh Grass 1" in the Fine Focus exhibit. Then, just now, I found out that I won an Honorable Mention in the AQS show! I missed the awards broadcast on Tuesday, so didn't see the list of winners until now. I freely admit that there was some serious squealing going on here at Ooh!PC for a few minutes. Congratulations to all the other entrants and winners!

In other exhibition news, the opening of ARTQUILTSimages in Cary, N.C. is tonight. It's from 6-9 at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center. My quilt "Bayou Reflections" is in the exhibit, and from what I've seen it should be a very interesting group of quilts.

Off to quilt!

1 comment:

Karoda said...

I saw the Fine Focus exhibit but didn't take pictures. I was greatly impressed with the quilts and the exhibit was well displayed. I wish a catalogue had been available.