Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A New Beginning

I am someone driven to be creative, but often it seems that life's everyday activities get in the way. I have a hunch that I create more than I know. I'm hoping that by using this blog I can document what I do create, and share it with others who are similarly inclined. Let's get started!













(Click on image for a larger view. It's much better!)
These are scarves I dyed and silkscreened as Christmas presents. It all started as a way to make presents for my MIL and SIL, then mushroomed into making 15 scarves.

Several years ago I bought a Thermofax machine after lusting for one for years. Yes, pure, unadulterated lust. I took a screenprinting class with Jean Ray Laury about 10ish years ago at G Street Fabrics, and seeing her work made me realize that this was a machine I really wanted. The year I bought the Thermofax machine was a busy one, and I only made a few screens. Somehow these scarves inspired me to create lots more screens of my own design. I'll post a close up of the screen printing a little later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scarves. Great job on
the new blog. Maybe I'll have to
finally start one too.
Sandra from QA

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

Gorgeous scarves. I'm green with envy on the thermofax, that's on my someday to buy list. Welcome to the world of blogging!