Thursday, October 02, 2008

IQA Houston - "The Call"

OK, as per usual, it's been a tremendously hectic few weeks!

My biggest new news is that I received "The Call" from IQA in Houston this afternoon letting me know that I won a cash award in this year's show. I feel very honored. Here's a picture of my entry, "The Gathering".

(Click for bigger)

It's entered in the Digital Imagery category. The central panel is comprised of three strips printed on my Epson 2200 with pigment inks, then the borders were hand dyed to go with it.

I've just completed writing an article for Machine Quilting Unlimited, so hopefully soon I'll share some photos of another small quilt I've been working on.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Gerrie said...

This is gorgeous, Diane. Big Congrats!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Diane, Congratulations! It's a beautiful piece and deserves the honor :D

Liz said...

Great! It is beautiful. What will you do with it? (The quilt not the cash.)

Sue Reno said...

Congratulations Diane!! It's a very beautiful piece. I hope you will be able to travel to Houston and bask in the glory!

Jody said...

Congrats!! It's gorgeous! I just love the background and the "pop" of the flowers and butterflies. Amazing!

Are you going to Houston this year?