Friday, February 17, 2006

Struggling to Keep Up the Pace

Olympic knitting - they don't call it Olympic for nothing.

Tuesday I didn't knit at all. I did make these
and these
for my Valentines.

Wednesday (late) I finished the body of Sitcom Chic up to the underarms.

Then I started on a sleeve. I didn't have the requisite DPNs, so I used the magic loop method. I had no clue how to do it, but learned how from the excellent directions here. I'm about a third of the way finished with the first sleeve.

My plan was to quilt my little butterfly quilt yesterday, but I've been under the weather all week. Twice this week I've fallen asleep while "helping" my littlest guy to start napping. I still have hopes for this weekend. A flyer announcing that the theme for this year's Aullwood Audubon Center exhibit is Insecta made me feel better, as if I don't finish this quilt in time for the PAQA South exhibit I have another option. (I'm still going to try and enter Bayou Reflections in the PAQA South exhibit.)

Enough whining - onward and upward!

1 comment:

Sarah Ann Smith said...

Hey! I lived on san Juan Island, which is where Cat Bordi lives....she wrote Socks Soar on Circular Needles, and is one of the probably multiple folks who came up with the two circular needle method. I was SO glad...I could never manage DPs...they'd always slip out the back side on me. Anyway, her mantra is:

One needle works while the other needle rests.

Easy peasy! And I don't have to buy a zillion DPs, just a 24 and 29 or 32 inch...two each of every size, and I'm good for life. Right? Unless I decide I want bamboo because the yarn is too slippery for Addi Turbos or or or......

Now, back to quilting, um knitting, um reading, ummmm...OK, surfing the blog ring!