Thursday, February 09, 2006

Catching Up

It's been a busy, mostly non-creative week- annual checkup, parent/teacher conferences, children not in school, husband under the weather, book club at my house must cleanup kind of week.

The fabulous Grandma Carol (my mother) came Tuesday to enable me to get some of the above done. You know it must be nearly Valentine's Day when Grandma Carol brings over the cookie dough.
Cookie Credit: Child #2

I really admire her patience with the kids, especially with messy cookie making. One of my fond childhood memories is the annual Christmas cookie baking extravaganza. She had little rolling pins for us, and lots of different sugars and sprinkles, and there might be the four of us kids plus various neighbor kids all busily working in harmony to create our own masterpieces.

I told myself I wouldn't do it, but the deadline for ARTQUILTSimages has been extended, so I'm going to try and finish this today.


I created the collage and printed it back in the fall. I'm thinking of making a border of one of the dark fabrics, and layering oak leaf shapes over top in the orangey and brown colors.

I nearly finished that list Ribby Cardi sleeve. I hope to finish that off tomorrow, just in time for the Olympics. I guess I also have to work out my swatching issues before then!

Thanks for the nice comments some of you, especially Elle and Miriam, have left in the last few days. I've just been too busy to do any blog related activities.

No comments: