Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Underwhelmed

I finished my Portrait scarf last night, but I'm underwhelmed. In an effort to distract you from the scarf pictures, here's a prettier picture.

Stitch markers, made in December. I'm still not sure what made me make them.

OK, on to the scarf. Notice how dramatically different the color appears indoors
vs. outdoors.

I much prefer the outdoor color. (Please excuse the above photo. A small child was anxiously calling to me as soon as I stepped out the door.) It's also just a tiny bit too itchy to me. Maybe once I block it I'll like it more. It was fun to knit, and the Portrait yarn has a black core, so it's easier to count stitches than with some other mohairs.

Now that the scarf is finished, I can do the little bit that's remaining on the baby bonnet, and all I'll have left on the needles is a Ribby Cardi that I started last year (but that's another story). By then we'll be into Olympic knitting for sure.

The photo below is to remind me that I'm not the only one in the family who is a wee bit obsessive. It's Pinewood Derby time! For those of you unfamiliar with the Pinewood Derby, Cub Scouts, with the help of their parents for power tool use, make little cars and race them down ramps. Our pack also allows sibling to compete (in a separate category) so this year we'll have three contenders! I keep telling them that all they have to remember is that F = ma, but since I'm just an engineer, and not a physicist (like my spouse), they don't always listen.


The littlest guy is napping - I'm outta here!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Pinewood Derby! Brings back old memories of my Dad and little brother working on their car in the garage, almost forty years ago. Very pretty scarf. Jen