Friday, April 01, 2016

Dinner at Eight - Affinity

Last year I once again had the pleasure of being juried into the invitational exhibit for the Dinner at Eight Artists. The theme was "Affinity", and I chose to represent my affinity for color (see blog name). I never really posted much about my quilt, but better late than never!
Paint the Town Red ©2015 Diane Rusin Doran


Detail Paint the Town Red ©2015 Diane Rusin Doran


Here's a link to a youtube video where I discuss the quilt for the Quilt Alliance Go Tell it at the Quilt Show! project.

As usual, I created a digital collage for my 40 x 40 inch piece. I began with a photo I took on my first iPhone about five years ago. It was a chance snapshot of a very bright door in Fort Worth, Texas. We were visiting my sister-in-law and had just finished eating breakfast at a local eatery. I took an antsy child to the car, and saw this beautiful doorway across the street. Here's the original photo with it's inspirational bright red door framed by an amazing tree:
And if you look very closely, my reflection is in the window pane to the left of the door. (I hadn't even noticed that reflection until today!)


4 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for sharing the original photo. So fun to see where the quilt all started!

Diane Doran said...

Thank you Lisa! I love that this photo was very serendipitous, and it's turned out to be one of my favorites ever.

conveyor belt said...

we are looking for conveyor belt agent in your country, are you interested in it?

Speider Defne said...

Bulunur net sitemizin altında ne arıyorsanız onunla alakalı alt sitelerimiz. Herşey Bulunur - Gelinlik Bulunur - Günlük Ev Bulunur - Direksiyon Bulunur - Özel Direksiyon Dersi - Hile Bulunur - Kadıköy Özel Direksiyon - Google SEO - E-Ticaret - Web Hosting - Aşk Büyüsü - Bağlama Büyüsü - En iyi medyum - istanbul medyum