Thursday, April 24, 2008

Exciting Week

This has been such a great week (despite my seasonal allergies!). I worked hard to clear out my basement lair enough to make room for the Horn table to return to its rightful place. My last two quilts were made in the living room, amidst the pitter patter (or thunder, depending on the child) of little feet. I loved being in the midst of it all, and needed to be, but trying to do precise quilting while the table is shaking or loud Pokemon battles are occurring does increase the degree of difficulty somewhat. Now the table and machine are in a well lit space and I'm raring to go.

Here are some of the hand dyes I made about a week ago.


The horizontal fabrics are the borders for my new quilt, the vertical ones were made with leftover dye. I'm happy to say that the borders are on the quilt, and I'm hoping to baste today or tomorrow.

My *biggest* news this week is that I was awarded second place in the Small, Non-Traditional Wall Quilt Category at the AQS show in Paducah! Here's a link to the winners list, which includes links to photos of the quilts. I won't be able to make it to the show, so if anyone is going I'd sure appreciate a photo of my quilt!

I hope you all are having a great week too.

7 comments:

Jody said...

Congrats on 2nd place! I just love that quilt!

I can't wait to see your new one - I bet it's nice to have a quiet place to work :)

Anonymous said...

Contrats on the quilt!!! Your work is awesome.
Jolene

Gerrie said...

Congrats!! Love those fabrics. You and Gloria are so good with that computer stuff.

Liz said...

Congratulations! That is great. I wish I could go to the show. Your hand dyes look super.

Emily said...

Congratulations!! It is a beautiful quilt! I have a picture to send you as soon as I get everything off my camera.

Annapurna said...

Lovely colors. can't wait to see the finished piece.

Shirley Goodwin said...

Well done! Those dye colours look lovely together.

I've made a couple of bags using your tutorial and linked to your site. The bags are great - and I like your method.