Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ten Years Ago Today ...

I had the honor, and pleasure, of marrying this man:

One year before our wedding, at someone else's

In the conservatory at Longwood Gardens, about 2 years before we got married

You've got to love a man who sends you four dozen roses, proposes to you in St Peter's Basilica (in Rome), insists on secretly learning how to do the Viennese Waltz with you to surprise your wedding guests during the first dance, has turned out to be an even better father than you imagined, and still makes you laugh and makes your heart beat fast. There's no other person I'd rather spend time with. (He's also tall, dark, handsome, really smart, kind, and a great dancer.) I wish I were more eloquent, but the bottom line is I really love this guy!

Thank you, sweetie, for it all!!


Readers, what were you doing 10 years ago today?


Now I'm going to take a stroll down memory lane, so if you're not Vince you might not be interested.

Several weeks pre-engagement. Doesn't he look like he's up to something? Jill, do you recognize this locale?

Eating lunch on the Amalfi Coast, in Ravello at the Villa D'Amore. I was sure he was going to propose at any second. (After all, it was the Villa D'Amore.) He fooled me.

Here he is, 10 minutes before popping the question, on the roof of St. Peter's. Doesn't he look cool as a cucumber?
He waited until we were back inside, and the light looked like this. (I took that picture about one minute before he proposed.)

Fast forward one year. I guess I enjoyed myself at the rehearsal dinner.

Walking down the aisle. I don't have many good pictures from the wedding that aren't copyrighted, so this will have to suffice. My best photographer, my sister, was busy being matron of honor, so I have no pics of her to show here either. We got married in the Marty Leonard Community Chapel in Fort Worth. The architecture, designed by E. Fay Jones, is stunning.

It's impossible to include pictures of everyone who made our wedding special, but here's the lovely and talented Jill. Jill holds a very special place in our hearts for many reasons, only one of which is that she introduced us.

The End
(and the reason I picked this dress.)

5 comments:

Robin said...

That is the (THE!) most stunning dress I have ever seen. Very gorgeous, it AND both of you. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary, hope you are doing something special!

Deb R said...

What a gorgeous couple you two make! Love all those photos. Happy Anniversary, Diane.

Coleen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Gerrie said...

Happy anniversary - you married a hunk! Well, so did I. We have been together almost 42 years.

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Happy anniversary. He sounds like a keeper. Your wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous. What a picture!

(I got proposed to over Dairy Queen burgers at his apartment. I thought he was joking, so I made him repeat the question. Rome? Wow!)

May the next 40 years be as good as the first 10!!